SamOnline, the site that published an exclusive report on the 2016 Trump assassination of the Russian ambassador to the US, is now under investigation by federal authorities.
The FBI is reportedly investigating the site’s owners for “misrepresentation of the source and content of the article,” and for publishing the article “without authorization.”
The investigation was first reported by The Daily Beast, which first broke the story on Friday.
The site’s founder and owner, Sam Bacile, said in a statement that the FBI has requested that he be interviewed.
“I’m grateful that the Department of Justice and the FBI are investigating these allegations and I appreciate the fact that they have asked me to comply,” Bacile said.
The news comes just days after President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, was fired for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about conversations with the Russian Ambassador to the United States, Sergey Kislyak, during the transition period.
According to an NBC News report on Saturday, Flynn had spoken with Kislyak in December and told Pence that he had no knowledge that the Russian government had attempted to interfere with the election.
The Washington Post reported that Flynn was under FBI scrutiny before he was fired and after he was.
Sam Bacilain, the founder and publisher of SamOnline.com, speaks at a press conference in New York City, U.S., January 31, 2021.
SamOnline posted the story of Trump’s assassination to SamOnline in December.
Bacile has been under investigation for misrepresentation of sources and content.
“While I’m thankful for the FBI’s continued efforts to investigate these matters, I can no longer participate in the ongoing investigation,” Bacilains statement reads.
“Given the sensitivity of this matter, I have asked the Department to immediately cease any further investigation into me.
Sam”s statement came after Bacile posted an apology on the site in which he said that he was “devastated” by the FBI investigation.
Bacilais statement also read: I have never done anything wrong, I never intended to deceive anyone and I would never do anything like this.
As soon as Sam started publishing the story, I knew it would be false.
Sam and I have shared the story before, and I was happy to be able to share it with the American people.
Sam has been accused of spreading misinformation on SamOnline by the publication, and by others, including The Washington Times, The Hill, the BBC, The New York Times, CNN, and The New Yorker.
SamBacile said that the website will continue to publish its reporting.
“Sam has always done the right thing and will continue reporting the truth in an unbiased and trustworthy way,” Bacillain said in his statement.
“As a result of this new investigation, Sam is no longer able to participate in SamOnline’s reporting.
I would like to sincerely thank the FBI and the Department for investigating the matter and will cooperate fully with their ongoing investigation.”
The FBI statement did not specify which law enforcement agency is conducting the investigation.
In an email to The Daily Signal, SamBacon said: “We have been cooperating with the FBI in this matter and we are confident that the investigation will continue and the truth will prevail.”
SamBacoin also said that SamBacains legal team will continue its work to obtain information and make a case against SamBaclue and others involved.
The story, which was originally published on SamBancamproducts.com in December, detailed a conversation with a former employee of SamBucains parent company, SamOnline who said that in December 2016, the website published an article about a private dinner that the Trump campaign held in New Jersey, where the then-president and his son Donald Jr. had been invited to dinner.
The conversation led to an investigation into the dinner by the New Jersey State Attorney General’s Office, and the story went viral, sparking a massive conspiracy theory.
Bacilia said he was surprised by the news and was shocked to learn that he might have violated the law.
Bacila told The Daily Show that he has “always cooperated with the federal government.”
“It is an important story that has been going on for many years, and people are now trying to make it out to be something more than it is,” he said.
“It’s a great story.
The fact that Sam is being investigated is really disturbing, because I know that Sam has never done wrong, and he has always been honest with his readers.”
Bacilias legal team said in its statement that Bacile and SamBaciould cooperate fully in any investigation and are confident the investigation is completed and that the matter will be resolved.
“The allegations that Sam made in the story are simply false and Sam is innocent of any wrongdoing,” Bacilia wrote.
“There is no evidence to support these allegations, and Sam and SamOnline are cooperating fully with any investigation.”
Sam Bacilian and Sam Bacillains legal team released a statement on Saturday that read in part: SamBAcile and the Sam